Jumping is a great way to add power movements to your training plan. To perform the broad jump correctly follow the technique in the video and description below.
- Start standing with feet hip width apart.
- Bend at the hip while swinging the arms back.
- Explosively jump as far forward as possible ensuring you get a full extension of the hips.
- Use a two-footed landing and try to land ‘soft’ on the balls of your feet and allowing your body to land into a squatted position to help absorb the force of the landing.
- Stand back up and prepare to repeat.