The goblet squat is similar to a front squat in that the weight load is at the front of the body, but different as the load is a kettlebell. To perform the goblet squat:
- Position the kettlebell ‘bell up’ with both hands holding the bell like a wine goblet.
- Spread the feet slightly wider than hip width apart with the toes forward or slightly out.
- Take a breath in through the nose.
- Initiate movement by bending at the hip and lower down as deep into a squat position as possible.
- Hold momentarily at the bottom of the squat, then stand back up by breathing out through the mouth and extending the hips and knees until you are returned to standing position.