KB Lunge Complex
This lunge complex can be completed with different weight implements such as dumbbells or weight plates. To see the technique using kettlebells see the video and description below.
- Begin standing straight up with the kettlebells in the farmers position.
- As you take a step directly lateral (to the side), pull both kettlebells to the middle of the body so they are positioned in between your knees.
- When you take the lateral step be sure that the toes stay pointing forward and lunge so that the hips go back, the knee stays straight over the toe, and the trail leg is straight so that you feel a stretch in the groin area.
- Stand back up to the start position the step the leg backwards (in the reverse lunge position) and lower down until the front thigh is parallel to the floor. Stand back up to the starting position.
- Step behind and to the side of the planted leg as if doing a curtsy (skater lunge) until the thigh of the planted leg is parallel to the floor. Stand back up to the starting position.
- Complete the prescribed number of reps in each position, on each side.