KB Overhead Squat
The overhead squat can be completed with a barbell, kettlebell, or even a weight plate. To correctly perform the overhead squat with a kettlebell see the video and description below.
- Swing the kettlebell up to rack position. Position the feet slightly wider than hip width apart and the toes slightly out.
- Press the kettlebell up so it is positioned directly over a straight elbow and shoulder. The knuckles should be flat and pointing straight up.
- Keeping an eye on the kettlebell, initiate the motion by hinging the hip back and squatting down while your free hand reaches straight down to touch the ground.
- Push the ground away from you and squeeze the glutes as you push up and out of the squat.
- Ensure that throughout the movement there is no collapsing of the knees and do your best not to turn your hips to compensate for a lack of flexibility.