KB Single Leg Deadlift
The single leg Romanian deadlift can be completed using a kettlebell, dumbbell, barbell, sandbag, or weight plate. To perform the exercise correctly see the video and description below.
- If performing the exercise for the left side grab the weight in the right hand.
- Keep the shoulders back, chest up, and back straight throughout the movement. Keep the knee of the left leg ‘soft’ and slightly bent.
- Hinge the hips back and lower the weight to the instep of the left foot while maintaining good posture.
- Pull the weight back up to the start position by engaging the hamstrings and glutes of the left leg.
- Complete the prescribed number of reps and switch sides.