The Russian Twist is a rotational exercise and can be completed using a variety of implements such as a medicine ball, weight plate, kettlebell, sandbag, etc… To complete the exercise correctly see the video and description below.
- Sit on the ground, slightly back on the ‘sit bones’ with your feet off the ground.
- Grab your weight and hold it in your hands in front of your chest.
- Keeping your abs contracted and your feet off the ground twist the weight side to side, touching the ground on each side.
- Be sure to rotate your entire upper body as you twist. This is easier to accomplish if you make an effort to watch the weight touch the ground on each side.
- Complete for the prescribed number of reps.