TRX Reverse Lunge
The reverse lunge is a single leg exercise using a TRX. To perform the revere lunge correctly see the video and description below. For more information on use and set-up of the TRX see our TRX Tips page.
- Set-up the TRX at about waist height and grab the handles with a vertical overhand grip.
- With the arms slightly bent move one leg straight back and make contact with the ground with the toe.
- Lower the body until the thigh of the front leg is parallel to the floor and the arms are straight. Take care that the front knee stays aligned with the ankle of that leg.
- Pushing yourself through the heel of the front leg and engaging the glute, bring your back leg forward until you are in the standing position.
- When performing this exercise take care not to use the TRX to pull yourself up. Use the TRX as a balance tool in order to move through the full range of motion of the lunge.